Registration for the 2020 Richmond Christmas Fund is now closed. The program has reached its capacity this year, and unfortunately, we are unable accept any more clients. We recognize this may be difficult to hear. We understand if you're disappointed or even frustrated.
We hope, however, that you understand our position as well. The Christmas Fund is a grassroots community program, with limited resources. We've worked hard to implement new health and safety measures, to protect our clients, volunteers, and staff members. It means we'll be able to run the program this holiday season, but it also means we can only help so many people. We're at that limit now.
We hope, despite this news, you're still able to enjoy the holidays with family and friends, at a safe social distance. Let's all look forward to a better, brighter year ahead.
If you've already registered for the 2020 Richmond Christmas Fund, please refer to the Pick-Up Procedures below for information on how to claim your grocery vouchers, toys, and/or gift cards. If you've registered but do not remember your pick-up date, please call us at 604-279-7035 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll confirm the day and time.
The Richmond Christmas Fund is a non-religious, non-discriminatory program. We provide assistance to low-income individuals and families living in Richmond, BC, who do not have the financial means to celebrate the holidays.
Please note that the Christmas Fund is not a government program, and is supported almost entirely by donations from the community. The program exists thanks to the incredible generosity of Richmond residents.
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone. The COVID-19 pandemic, and the economic hardship it's created, means that countless Richmond families and households are struggling financially. As a result, many residents will be unable to afford a holiday celebration.
At the Christmas Fund, we're facing challenges of our own. Due to social distancing guidelines, we can't run the program as we have in years past. Meanwhile, many of our fundraising events and activities have either been cancelled or scaled back, leaving us with fewer resources to help those in need.
Despite all of this, the Christmas Fund will go ahead in 2020. We've implemented a number of new health and safety guidelines, and completely revised our registration procedures. Our goal, as always, is to ensure that everyone can share in the holiday spirit. This year, though, more than ever, we require your patience and understanding as we work to meet an overwhelming community need.
The Christmas Fund provides eligible individuals and families with grocery vouchers. Households with children aged 11 and under will also receive a selection of new toys and books, while youth between the ages of 12 and 17 will be given gift cards.
Please note that the value of the grocery vouchers and the number of toys will be lower this year. This will allow us to stretch our resources further and help as many people as possible.
This year, to best protect the health and safety of clients, volunteers, and staff, the Richmond Christmas Fund will be doing curbside pick-up.
After registering, whether over the phone or via Zoom, you will be given a day, time, and location to come and pick up your items. It's important that you come only during your assigned time, and leave as soon as you receive your items.
• Your pick-up window will be several hours long. There's no need to line up early, or to arrive right at the beginning. Your items - grocery vouchers, toys, gift cards - will have already been pre-packaged and reserved in your name. You will get the same thing whether you come early or later in the day.
• Please bring picture ID so we can quickly confirm your identity and provide you with your pre-packaged items.
• You will not be able to choose toys for your children. We'll select items based on their ages, and create a bag of toys specifically for your family. Under no circumstances are you allowed to exchange or return items. We ask, as well, that you not open your bag until you leave the Christmas Fund pick-up area.
• You're expected to adhere to all social distancing signage displayed throughout the pick-up area. As well, you'll be required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer, both of which will be supplied.
• Only one or two members of your household should come during your assigned pick-up time. Please do not bring any children.
• If multiple clients come to pick up their items at the same time, there may be a line-up. Social distancing markers will ensure that everyone in line stands apart. This spacing, however, means the line may extend outside. Please dress accordingly.
• You can ask a friend or neighbour to pick up items on your behalf. Please contact us ahead of time so we're aware of this arrangement.
• Contact us, as well, if you're not able to make your scheduled pick-up time. We'll do our best to move you to a different time slot. Note, however, that we cannot guarantee that a different pick-up time will be available.
• If you miss your scheduled pick-up time, you will no longer be eligible to receive assistance this year. As such, it's extremely important that you remember your assigned time slot.
• To contact the Christmas Fund, call 604-279-7035 or e-mail email@example.com.